So today was my first day with P90X. According to the guide I was supposed to do the Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X. I put in the Chest and Back DVD first and was glad to see that they had a warm up section because I wanted to make sure I was stretching properly for what I was about to do. I was very surprised, however, when I was drenched in sweat immediately following the warm up. It did feel wonderful to stretch everything out though. The warm up lasted only about 10 minutes followed by about 45 minutes of push ups, pull ups and weights then a 5 minute cool down. The nice thing about P90X is that they dont have a set number of reps or a specific weight you are supposed to use. You set your own goal based on your ability. As I previously stated I was NOT going to subject my door frame to the torture of holding my body weight so I decided I was not going to be doing pull ups. I was surprised to see though that the video uses elastic bands as an alternative to normal pull ups. I didnt have elastic bands (yet) so I did the same movements without any resistance and I feel I still benefited from it. I was able to do most of the push up types they did, but I had to be on my knees and I could only do about 10. They did dive bomber pushups and reverse incline pushups that I absolutely COULD NOT do. Hopefully, I can work my way up to them though. The same things with the weight liftings. I was able to do them, but with a lower weight and less reps. Overall I was feeling GREAT after the Chest and Back part of the work out.
Then came Ab Ripper X. OMG!!!! OUCH!!! I couldnt even do half of this video. They were doing ab exercises that I have never even seen before. The men on there demostrating had abs of steel and were drenched in sweat and struggling. I was in way over my head. I tried to keep up and do at least 5 of each type (they were doing 25), but it was really hard and my belly and lack of flexibility got in the way from time to time, but I am hopefully over time it was get easier and I can do more.
It has only been about 20 minutes since I finished the work out and I can already feel the soreness creaping in. Hopefully I can move tomorrow because I AM NOT GIVING UP and look forward to what day 2 has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment