Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 4 ~ yeah right and Day 5

Sorry it has been a little while since my last blog. Let's discuss Day 4. Day 4 schedule was Yoga. Haha I lasted about 10 minutes and then had to quit. Yoga is extremely hard especially for us fat girls. When we have extra padding it is extremely hard to contort ourselves into the funny little positions. I'm not knocking yoga it really is hard and you have to have a lot of strength to do it. Strength I just don't have yet. Well during the 10 minutes that I actually attempted it, I strained my back a little. I was done after that and just did a little meditation and relaxation on the floor for all of about 5 minutes and then decided I cant do that either because I seem in capable of turning off my head. Apparently I am not one of those people who can just be. I ended up taking Sunday off because I didn't want to over do it and really injure my back.

I am back at it today though and on the agenda was back and legs and ab ripper x. Tons of squats, lunges, pull-ups, and wall holds. If you have been reading my blogs you know my philosophy on pull-ups (if not you should probably go back and read the first posts) so I'm not going to get into that. I was able to keep up relatively with the squats and lunges, but I couldn't go as deep or do quite as many. The wall squats (where you squat against the wall and hold a squat position) were a lot harder. Just like the pretest, I wasn't able to hold the position long at all. I stuck with it as long as I could each time though. Felt relatively as I was working the legs though (and doing the pull ups without actually doing them), especially while I was looking at my now tan legs thinking how great they are going to look when they are lean and muscular. Then came the ab ripper x. I swear that video mocks me. It is so intense and painful I'm not sure if I am ever going to be able to do it like I'm supposed to. I am getting better on some moves and being able to do more reps each time, there are the others that I am not able to do simply because my belly gets in the way of the move. I got tired of just waiting for them to be finished so we could move on to something else that I was actually able to do so I decided to improvise. I decided that when we are doing something I physically cannot complete, that I am going to do regular old crunches. That way the time isn't wasted and I can feel like I am accomplishing something. It feels good to be back into the P90X groove and I look forward to what tomorrow brings.


On a side note though I have been struggling with what I call a P90X headache....meaning every time I complete a session I get a headache that seems to last several hours. If anyone knows whats going on there feel free to let me know.....if you know me and your suggestion is to see a doctor then you don't know me well enough and if you don't know me and your suggestion is to see a doctor the answer is no. Don't have time or the patience for that until something is really wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment